Just got enquiry to build online shop, as you see there, the ideal solution of this is Oscommerce, because most of the requirements already existing in oscommerce and its addons.
Front end/Home page
- Customisable welcome content, special offers, news and featured items on home page
- Self managed content pages i.e. news, about us, articles, delivery info etc. to form navigation
- Product category navigation which allows sub-categories
- Log-in and shopping cart links
- Add to favourites link
- Bread-crumb trail so customers can link back to where they came from
- Product search by item number, name or keyword
- Some kind of animation to catch the eye â€“ definitely animated logo but perhaps a showcase for the boxes?
- Gift Finder â€“ simple tool to be devised â€“ possibly organised by age/sex/price
- Each category can have subcategories shown perhaps as a rollover
- Products to crossover into different categories
- Product personalisation field
- Optional second personalisation field (include personalised date or message on certain items too)
- Customisable product options in drop down format (or something better) i.e. colour, style, wording, sizeâ€¦
- 2 levels of product information (i.e. More info)
- Buy now button on level 1 info as well as level 2
- Quantity option
- thumbnail, larger and zoom-in images
- Landscape or even wider format images if required
- Ability to show colour alternatives images â€“ best option would be colour swatches with rollovers that change the image???
- Ability to show usual price and special offer price
- Products can be attributed to numerous categories to allow cross over
- Show 3-4 related products unique to each item
- Options for wish-list and email a friend
- Show the number of pages in the category (i.e. not have to scroll down on each page)
- Show items that are out of stock so users can seek be informed when item is available?
- Ability to turn products â€˜onâ€™ and â€˜offâ€™
- View Basket and Check out option links available throughout site
- Show check out process and whereabouts you are in the trail
- Customer registration as standard using Find Address tool
- Basic data capture in Registration i.e. Ages and birthdays of children/relatives to be stored for later use i.e. birthday reminder emails.
- Standard ability to update quantities, clear cart, continue shopping etc..
- Visually seamless integrated payment system using Protx or possibly Worldpay that allows for major credit cards and Switch
- Ability to defer payment to ensure that items are stocked before a transaction goes through
- Various shipping options i.e. 1st class, standard or next day â€“ not actually required at this stage but should be an option
- Option of gift wrapping according to weight at checkout
- Gift sending and message as standard option in checkout
- Shipping according to predefined combined product weight parameters
- Related products during check out process
- System emails to customer and store owner relating to order confirmation and failure (see below)
- Customer questionnaire at end of transaction process
- Promotional codes optionsÂ Â
User experience flow TBC1.Â Â Â Â Customer confirms order and completes transaction at checkout section of site and is prompted to fill in simple feedback questionnaire.
2.Â Â Â Â Customer automatically receives Order Pending email that confirms items purchased and postage and payment method and letâ€™s customer know that they will be emailed once the item has been dispatched.
3.Â Â Â Â Back End sends email to Site Owner confirming payment received and detailing customer info, items purchased, gift options, other comments
4.Â Â Â Â Double check payment and that stock is available.
5.Â Â Â Â If item unavailable or payment declined contact customer either by phone/email to rectify the matter.
6.Â Â Â Â We fulfil order as soon as possible and update status of item to Dispatched on the system.
7.Â Â Â Â Customer automatically receives Order Dispatched email confirming that the item has been dispatched and the transaction has been approved.
8.Â Â Â Â Customer can view order history in the account section of the web site.
9.Â Â Â Â Customer receives quarterly (?) email detailing new products, special offers and asking about feedback
- Simple and clear user interface
- Different administrator levels
- Easy to add, amend and update products, categories and options
- Ability to view settings, administrators, customer info, orders, products
- View transaction information
- Customisable printable invoice/delivery note/labels (to be used as a gift message tool?)
- Customer newsletter??
- Reporting on site stats and as much as possible on product sales â€“ i.e. monthly best sellers etc.
- Animated logo
- Customised animated header for different seasons i.e. Christmas, Easter, Sale season
- Twinkling flower gifs
- Â Any other new design elements that might workÂ